Saturday, September 5 10am-6pm &
Sunday, September 6
Artist Appreciation Breakfast,
Sunday from TBA
corner of 4th & Grant St
Due to the pandemic, we are reducing our booths, for 2021 ONLY, from 125 down to 80, with 10ft spaces between for social distancing. We will keep a larger then usual waitlist, in case we are able to go to pre-covid conditions.
*due to reduced numbers of spaces, we have an open jury for all booth spaces in 2021, except the 3 award winners and working committee members.
Elizabeth Busey-print making
Day of Show Judges-2021
BEFORE THE SHOW:
NOTE: 2021 check in may be different due to Covid, here is our current plan:
Check IN at 1:00pm on Friday Sept 3, 2021. All vehicles enter at this point… Use this address for your GPS, 502 E. Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, In 47408. Enter Dunn Street off Kirkwood. You will need your license and vehicle plate number to get your packet.
We request: that you unload your vehicle at your booth and then park, come back and set up. Our show is linear; this is the most workable solution for all. Please be considerate of your fellow artists.
The street is only open until 6:00pm for vehicles. You have unlimited time to set up once your vehicle is moved off the show site.
Friday Night options: The Venue at 4th and Grant is once again hosting the artists who wish to share in snacks and drinks. Also there is a regular Friday Food Truck event in Bloomington, https://moosebtown.com/food-truck-fridays-2/
SHOW HOURS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: SATURDAY 10am – 6pm SUNDAY 10am – 5pm
Saturday Breakfast: Pick up carry out breakfast and coffee at Information Booth 8am - till gone
Sunday Breakfast: Awards Breakfast at Music tent 8am – 10am
T-shirt discount: Don’t forget to purchase this year’s t-shirt. Just show your name badge to get $5.00 off. 2021 Shirt designed by Bonnie Gordon-Lucus.
5:00 show ends. Break Down your booth before bringing in your vehicle. You have a trash bag in your set up packet. Our trash containers are collected at 5:00. Please do not leave on site because I am that trash pickup after 5:00.
Travel safe. We hope you have a great show!
Exhibitor pass must be displayed on your vehicle dash with your cell phone number written on the pass. Vehicles must park between lines in the lots. Detach trailers and put in adjacent spaces. No oversized vehicles are permitted.
• Indiana University generously provides IU surface lots for this event. If you are in an IU lot, park in EMP or EMS marked spaces. Do not park in R or Reserved spaces. Please obey all guidelines to ensure our continued use of these lots.
• Overflow parking available at the corner of College & 3rd St. – directly east of the Bloomington/Monroe County Convention Center.
• City and IU regulations prohibit overnight camping in parking lots or on city streets.
• Fourth Street Festival will not be responsible for parking tickets
• Booth sign MUST be visible at the RIGHT FRONT of your booth.
• Secure your tent when not at the show – this is a high traffic, urban neighborhood.
• No generators or open flames allowed.
• All merchandise and displays must be contained within your booth.
• Sidewalks behind booths must be kept clear at all times for pedestrians.
• Booths awnings must be removable at night (for emergency vehicle access)
DURING THE SHOW
• The Monroe County Public Library (303 E Kirkwood Ave – one block north of the Festival) will provide a safe shelter in the event of a weather emergency.
• Security is provided day and night during the festival from 5pm Friday through 6pm Sunday. Streets will be closed to traffic.
• If you must return to your booth after 8pm, please wear your show credentials and inform security officials.
• The Fourth Street Festival assumes no liability for damage or theft to booths or displays.
Standards Committee : Saturday morning
• Volunteers will be visiting and comparing your work and booth with the images you submitted in your ZAPP entry.
• Artists may display work only in the category into which they successful juried.
• Only artists that juried into the "Jewelry” category may display and sell jewelry.
Awards Judging : 10am – 2pm Saturday
• Judges will place a colored dot on your sign after viewing your booth.
• Awards will be presented Sunday morning at artist booths. List available at Info Booth and a artists’ breakfast
Artist Appreciation Breakfast
Sunday from 8:30 – 9:30am (Awards announced at 9am), corner of 4th & Grant St
(there will no longer be an evening awards dinner)
Services at Information Booth (Fourth & Grant Streets)
• Coffee, bagels and doughnuts provided on Saturday morning
• Sign up for booth sitters
• Water coolers for bottle refills
• Information regarding restrooms, ATMs and entertainment schedules.
• T-shirts for sale (Artists receive a coupon for $5 off a T-shirt in their packet.)
AFTER THE SHOW
• The police are using water barricades for our protection. On Sunday after 4:00pm we will be draining the barricades near the entrance and exit points. Please be aware there may be water on the street at that time. We want to you to be ready to load when you pull onto the show site. Be considerate...we ALL have the same goal. Get home safely.
• Do not start breaking down before 5pm Sunday.
• Take your booth down before bringing in your vehicle.
• Vehicles will not be allowed on Fourth Street until all pedestrian traffic is cleared.
• Drive WEST to EAST as with set up. Please leave your space clean and free of trash.
• All booths must be completely removed by 9pm Sunday because we must open the streets.
Surveys and Nametags
Please return your survey, name tag and photography permission sign to volunteers.
Indiana Sales Tax
YOU are responsible for collecting, reporting and remitting 7% Indiana Sales Tax on all purchases. For information, visit http://in.gov/dor/3504.htm.
Clean up your booth and take your trash with you, we have no trash pickup after 5pm on Sunday.
4th Street partners with several hotels to reserve rooms for artists.