ZAPPLICATION opens January 15, 2017
2017 Festival Hours:
Saturday, September 2 from 10am – 6pm
Sunday, September 3 from 10am – 5pm
Artist Appreciation Breakfast, Sunday from 8 – 9:30am, corner of 4th & Grant St
Before the Show
Set-up Friday, September 1 from 6 - 9pm at 4th & Grant St Information Booth
Saturday Check-in must occur before 7:30 am, or your space will be reassigned
• YOU MUST CHECK-IN BEFORE SETTING UP YOUR BOOTH
• Artists must show valid ID during check-in.
• Set up cannot begin until all cars have been moved or towed from the site and booth spaces have been marked. Your patience is appreciated.
• You will receive a parking map with your exhibitor vehicle pass.
Booth Set Up
• Fourth St will be ONE WAY driving EAST
• After checking in, drive to your assigned booth, park on the SOUTH side, unload and move to a parking lot.
• DO NOT BLOCK THE STREET WITH YOUR VEHICLE.
• All vehicles must be off the street by 10pm Friday, and 9am on Saturday and Sunday.
Exhibitor pass must be displayed on your vehicle dash with your cell phone number written on the pass. Vehicles must park between lines in the lots. Detach trailers and put in adjacent spaces. No oversized vehicles are permitted.
• Indiana University generously provides IU surface lots for this event. If you are in an IU lot, park in EMP or EMS marked spaces. Do not park in R or Reserved spaces. Please obey all guidelines to ensure our continued use of these lots.
• Overflow parking available at the corner of College & 3rd St. – directly east of the Bloomington/Monroe County Convention Center.
• City and IU regulations prohibit overnight camping in parking lots or on city streets.
• Fourth Street Festival will not be responsible for parking tickets
• Booth sign MUST be visible at the RIGHT FRONT of your booth.
• Secure your tent when not at the show – this is a high traffic, urban neighborhood.
• No generators or open flames allowed.
• All merchandise and displays must be contained within your booth.
• Sidewalks behind booths must be kept clear at all times for pedestrians.
During the Show
• The Monroe County Public Library (303 E Kirkwood Ave – one block north of the Festival) will provide a safe shelter in the event of a weather emergency.
• Security is provided day and night during the festival from 5pm Friday through 6pm Sunday. Streets will be closed to traffic.
• If you must return to your booth after 8pm, please wear your show credentials and inform security officials.
• The Fourth Street Festival assumes no liability for damage or theft to booths or displays.
Standards Committee : Saturday morning
• Volunteers will be visiting and comparing your work and booth with the images you submitted in your ZAPP entry.
• Artists may display work only in the category into which they successful juried.
• Only artists that juried into the "Jewelry” category may display and sell jewelry.
Awards Judging : 10am – 2pm Saturday
• Judges will place a colored dot on your sign after viewing your booth.
• Awards will be presented Sunday morning at artist booths. List available at Info Booth and a artists’ breakfast
Artist Appreciation Breakfast
Sunday from 8 – 9:30am, corner of 4th & Grant St
(there will no longer be an evening awards dinner)
Services at Information Booth (Fourth & Grant Streets)
• Coffee, bagels and doughnuts provided on Saturday morning
• Sign up for booth sitters
• Water coolers for bottle refills
• Information regarding restrooms, ATMs and entertainment schedules.
• T-shirts for sale (Artists receive a coupon for $5 off a T-shirt in their packet.)
After the Show
• Do not start breaking down before 5pm Sunday.
• Take your booth down before bringing in your vehicle.
• Vehicles will not be allowed on Fourth Street until all pedestrian traffic is cleared.
• Drive WEST to EAST as with set up. Please leave your space clean and free of trash.
• All booths must be completely removed by 9pm Sunday because we must open the streets.
Surveys and Nametags
Please return your survey, name tag and photography permission sign to volunteers.
Indiana Sales Tax
YOU are responsible for collecting, reporting and remitting 7% Indiana Sales Tax on all purchases. For information, visit http://in.gov/dor/3504.htm.
Thank you, and best wishes for a great show!
Fourth Street Festival Committee
. . . was created in 1977 by Bloomington, Indiana area artists and craftspeople to showcase southern Indiana talent. The fair has grown to include artists from all over the country.
The 2017 Festival will be held September 2 & 3.
10:00am to 6:00pm Saturday
10:00am to 5:00pm Sunday
Admission is FREE!